Every year in August, 15th of Chinese lunar calendar, we would greet one of the most important Chinese traditional festival– Mid-Autumn Festival, which is called “Moon Festival”, “Mooncake Festival”, “Lantern Festival”, “Reunion Festival” etc.
China listed the festival as an “intangible cultural heritage” in 2006 and a public holiday in 2008. And it is considered the second-most important holiday tradition after “Spring Festival—Chinese New Year”
For celebrating Mid-Autumn Festival , We will carry/ lighten lanterns and eat Mooncakes as the two main traditional way.
As China is wide and large, different cultural of place might have different celebration activity and food, but no matter what kind of way, the three main concepts of Mid-Autumn Festival would not changed:
- Gathering. The whole family and friends coming together, it’s said the moon is the brightest and roundest on this day which is the symbol of family reunion
- Thanksgiving. To give thanks for the harvest, or for harmonious unions since the ancient Chinese history
- Praying. Asking for conceptual or material satisfaction, such as for babies, a spouse, beauty, longevity, or for a good future
Although the technology, cultural, economy is changing time to time, the overall theme of Mid-Autumn Festival is only about well being together.
We OYPDLC take this opportunity of the coming Mid-Autumn Festival to wish every friend happy ,wealthy and well being together always, also we hope.
- Gathering. OYPDC would like gathering with you for a closer friendship
- Thanksgiving. OYPDLC give thanks to you for your always support and help.
- Praying. OYPDLC pray we would had a long term and stable cooperation with you
Tag: Mid-Autumn Festival; OYPDLC; happy; well being together.